Great news, I have just had my second journal accepted to appear in the Journal of Aging and Physical Activity (JAPA). I am really pleased that the work will soon be published. It forms part of my PhD work, bringing together motion capture (depth sensor) and mobility analysis to evaluate masters athletes. Of particular note is the acceptability by the community to utilise depth sensor technology as the 'gold standard'. This will hopefully spur other researchers to utilise marker-less technology over marker-based solutions. You can find the article here. The aim of the paper study was to compare postural sway during a series of static balancing tasks and during five chair rises between healthy young (mean (SEM) age 26(1)...
- How widely is HTTPS used in the public sector of the UK?
- Thoughts on the use of technology in mental health and the military
- Queen Mary University of London Job Site "Hacked"
- What is deep learning, and why should you care?
- MEAN Stack User Authentication and SMS validation with Twilio/Authy: Part 2/2 - Creating the IONIC App
- MEAN Stack User Authentication and SMS validation with Twilio/Authy: Part 1/2 - Developing the API
- InDEx App: A Medical Research Council Funded Project
The boring stuff
All code, opinion and information on this blog are my personal view and do not represent or relate my past and/or current employer's view in any way.
Copyright 2017, Daniel Leightley
Except otherwise, everything on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Simply, share with attribution. This site utilises the amazing core design by Troy Hunt. I encorage you to read his blog.