Daniel Leightley is a researcher from the UK. Interested in machine learning, big data, little data, mobile app development and data analytics
I'm Daniel Leightley, a Post Doctoral Research Associate working on a range of big data and machine learning projects for use in the healthcare sector. I am also interested in security, web development and the cloud. My focus is on research that is capable of being commercialised at low-cost for real-world applications, secure and user friendly. You can see some of my code in the GitHub repo here.
I completed my PhD at the Biological and Sensory Computation Group at Manchester Metropolitan University where I was supervised by Dr Moi Hoon Yap (Director of Studies) and Dr Jamie S. McPhee. I received an Information and Communications B.Sc (Hons.) and a Masters in Computing (M.Sc) from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2011 and 2012, respectively.
I now work at the King's Centre for Military Health Research as a Post Doctoral Research Associate in Biomedical and Health Informatics.
I am also a member of the IEEE.
I have attended research courses and training workshops including Introduction to Learning, Teaching and Assessment, Assessment in Higher Education, BMVA Summer School and NHS HES Data.
I am actively looking for new challenges and opportunities to develop my skillset.
Referee for a number of high-impact journals and conferences.
- IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics
- IEEE Access
- 2013 to present: IEEE Graduate Student Member.
Past (but not forgotten)
- 2015 to 2016: Athena SWAN Diversity & Inclusion and Department Rep. King's College London.
- 2014 to 2015: Athena Swan Self-Assesssment Team. Manchester Metropolitan University.
- 2014 to 2015: Course Representative. Manchester Metropolitan University.
- 2013-2014: Developer with Microsoft Developer Preview Program: Kinect One.
- November 2013: European Modelling Symposium 2013 Registration Staff.
- October 2013: IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics 2013 Conference Reviewer.
- April 2013: Student Research Conference Reviewer, Manchester Metropolitan University.
I am based in London, England and can be contacted via my contact page. I'm happy to be emailed about technical queries, research questions and any corrections or suggestions in relation to my work.